With All That is Within Me: Deuteronomy 5-6

mydailynew.com
 
If you were ask me to lift your car (assuming you had a very small car), I would first ask why would I
want to do that. You might say, I dare you. I would definitely pass. Then you might say, If you can do it, Ill give you five hundred dollars, this might intrigue me, and I might even give it a half hearted effort, but would quickly give up. You then might decide to up the stakes; I'll give you a million dollars. That would get my attention, I would throw my back into it and want to lift the car, but in all likelihood would fail, even after many attempts. If however the car had in some tragic accident landed on any part of my child, there would be no thinking, no hesitation and no doubt that moving that car "right now!" would be my only concern. All of my being would be consumed with saving my child; adrenaline would kick in, a fierceness would overcome me and I would in superhuman strength do the thing that previously had been seemingly impossible for me. There is more than one account of people accomplishing these types of impossible feats when they are consumed with passion; this human love is a fraction of the kind of love your Heavenly Father has for you, and what it means to LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WILL ALL YOUR HEART SOULD AND MIND! Deuteronomy 6:5

TIDBITS FROM DEUTERONOMY 5-6


  • Deuteronomy 5:1-26:19 is one long speech from Moses to this new generation before they cross the Jordan and enter the land of promise.
  • We read again the commandments given by God at Mt Sanai
  • In 5:3 Moses makes it clear that these laws spoken at Sanai were not just for your parents. This new generation must know and be committed to following them as well if they are to receive God's blessing.
  • Deut. 5:7 is mirrored in David's Psalm 81:9, there shall be NO foreign Gods among you

DIG DEEPER:

Read Deuteronomy 5-6

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+5-6&version=NIV

Comments

Popular Posts