Five things I learned from Judges 10. Keep your eyes on God

Five things I learned from Judges 10


  1. Sometimes the Bible has the most random, almost funny facts. However God put them there for a reason. The Bible is about real people and our run true GOD!!                                       (One ruler of Israel had 32 sons that ruled 32 towns and rode 32 donkeys???  Alrighty then, good to know. 10:3)
  2. No matter how much I think I have grown the cycle of sin will follow me until I am free from this body of sin. We need to be rescued and cannot do it on our own. 10:6
  3. God hears me when I cry. Not based on my own goodness, but based on His love for me. 10:10
  4. God is jealous for my devotion to Him. 10:14
  5. God is deeply compassionate and I desire to please Him because of His great love for me. 10:15-16
  At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Matthew 24:10-14




Summary of Judges 10


50 years of leaders come and go in Israel. Israel forgets God. They turn away from God and worship the idols and false Gods of the nations around them. God is angered by their rejection of Him. He allows them to be taken into bondage by the Amorites and Philistines. Israel cries out to God, he hears them and has compassion on them.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges+10&version=NIV

Comments

Popular Posts