5 Things I Learned From Judges 3; Focus on God

5 Things I Learned From Judges 3

  1. Judges 3:1-6 God will prepare me for what he has planned for my life. He brings me challenges  to teach me to stand firm and trust Him. James 1:4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
  2. The Focus should be on God's deliverance not my sin. God was merciful to the Israelites when they sinned. He led them back to Himself. He did not leave them alone. Judges3:9                                                                                                                                              The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 1 Corinthians 10:13
  3. God will not let me stay in sin, he will discipline me. He does this because He loves me.        For the LORD disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child Hebrews 12:6
  4. Even though God prepares me for what He has planned there still comes a time that I must act on what he has taught me. Judges 3:28
  5. God is Faithful and if I trust Him I can live in peace.

Summary of Judges 3


The new generation of Israelites is being prepared for battle. Because they did not clear the land as God commanded they are living among several nations that worship idols. Their children marry into these nations, and eventually Israel is deeply entrenched in the lifestyles of their neighbors. God is not happy with Israel.
God allows Isreal to be conqured by other nations because they have turned their back on Him. Israel cries to God for deliverance. God raises up a judge (a warrior and spriritual leader) to bring them victory agains their enemies and lead them back to God.
In chapter 3 we read about the first three Judges of Israel, Othniel, Ehud, and Shamgar.

Dig Deeper Read Judges 3


Comments

Popular Posts