God isn't logical Genesis 1

God isn't Logical



To get the most of our each study each chapter is linked at the bottom of the post.



If you stop and think about the God of the Bible, the creation story and the illogical love that the Bible says this One True God has for His creation, you would have to say that Christians are just a little bit crazy!
However is the alternative to creation any less crazy? In my opinion it is an even wackier tale?(no pun intended, get it; tail.?.evolution?..)  
To get really deep; How I came to be in existence is mind blowing in itself, however, as a created being, trying to figure out my creator and why He created myself won't work itself out in my head. 
So what conclusion do I draw from this? Since I can't force God to make sense, do I say He just doesn't exist?


I know that there are many extremely smart people madly trying to figure out  how we got here. They pose the question of  purpose and our care of the planet they call our Mother.  I have watched the Hubble telescope specials on the expansion of the glazy, and it is breathtaking. I love those specials. I don't agree with the conclusion of the producers, but I still love the specials.
Where we call into disagreement is the source of the power that started this amazing expanse, and how life is sustained on our planet.
 I believe God is who He is. He doesn't need me to prove it; He has already done that pretty effectively on His own. With that in mind I choose not to get into debates on this point. If asked I will simply state what I believe.


When Jesus walked the earth we don’t see Him trying to convince skeptics, He simply states who He is. Jesus spends His time going to those who are ready, hurting and searching. When Jesus encounters the religious leaders of the day and other proud skeptics he answers questions with beautifully chosen words, and leaves it at that. They can follow or not. He spends His short time He has on earth fulfilling prophecy, teaching about the Kingdom of Heaven, and submitting to His Fathers plan of redemption.
He offers relationship to honest searchers based on faith, nothing has changed.

If you are on a quest to prove creation or Gods existence solely with arguments and facts, good luck. My bet is that you will spend many frustrated years, with very few friends. Faith is not based on logic. It is logical, but that is logic is not it's center.
If you honestly want to know God, ask Him, He will answer you, He desire to be sought after. He gave all He could to know you, love you, and rescue you.
Creation is mind blowing, my existence is mind blowing. Not having an intelligent creator as the architect for these amazing events, is ludicrous!

  • I believe the Bible is true; based on;The span and distance of the writers of The Bible in place and time (40 separate writers not connected in any way all writing in agreement with each other.)
  • The prophecies and how Jesus fulfilled each of them with complete accuracy.
By Faith, I choose to credit God with the answers to my prayers and not happenstance. Others may choose to ignore what God has done or call it karma. The choice is yours.

I have made my choice.
I am betting on the fact that the creator has information that the created does not, and in my humble opinion, this amazing and intricate world we live in screams "created".


Cool Tidbits about Creation;

·         What I love about the creation story is that God is a God of order.

·         He creates the foundations and fills in the landscape then creates livings things, not the other way around.

·         We learn how to live out our lives from his careful planning, and preparation.

·         I love how the universe responds to his spoken word, and beauty was the result

·         I also love that he gives man purpose and creative outlet; name the animals and care for them, who knows how long that took?!?

·         Question? Why do you think God blessed the seventh day?

·         Question? Why do you think God chose to create the genders in different ways?

·         I do think it is interesting that he waited to allow man to; name all the animals, not find a suitable mate, and be lonely, before he filled his need (perfectly).

Dig Deeper (read it)

Bible Gateway link to Genesis 1-2
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1-2&version=NIV



More Digging into The Word

Psalm 90

A prayer of Moses the man of God.

Lord, you have been our dwelling place 

    throughout all generations.

Before the mountains were born 

    or you brought forth the whole world,

    from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

You turn people back to dust,

    saying, “Return to dust, you mortals.” 

A thousand years in your sight

    are like a day that has just gone by,

    or like a watch in the night.

Exodus 3:13-14

13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’

Ephesians 3:10-11

10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 8:58

58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Revelation 1:8

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Job 38:4-7

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? 

    Tell me, if you understand. 

Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!

    Who stretched a measuring line across it?

On what were its footings set, 

    or who laid its cornerstone —

while the morning stars sang together 

    and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?

Romans 1:19-20

19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Comments

  1. Woohoo!! SO excited for your blog Hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God didn't need to rest but we do so He gave us an example of how to rest and Glorify God on that seventh day and give thanks and enjoy what He has done for us. Just as the trinity is made up of different entities with different jobs to do but work together in perfect harmony, so should man and woman. They are different with different jobs to do but fit together in perfect harmony. In a perfect world this would work, however we aren't in a perfect world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Grandma that he gave us a day to rest and delight in the good things he has made. As beings created in God's image the male and female portray different aspects/traits of God. It's also a picture of his relationship with us (bride & groom illustration).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts