1 Samuel 23: You are in God's Hand

Summary of 1 Samuel 23: I am in God's Hands

David's men came to him to tell him that the Philistines were stealing grain in Keliah. David asks God if he should defend the people from the Philistines. God said go! I will give the Philistines into your hands. The men were afraid, but David knowing what God had said led them to victory.
Saul hearing that David was in Keliah planned to trap him there. David hearing Saul's plan asked God what to do. God told him to flee with his men to the desert.
David and his men hid in the desert, and God kept him safe from Saul. Saul continued to look for him, but did not find him. Jonathan, Saul's son found David and encouraged David telling him " God will keep you safe, you will someday be King of Israel".

What I learned from 1 Samuel 23:

1.Even when it seems like I am doing a good thing, I should not trust my own opinion. I should pray.
2. When it seems there is no way out, I don't need to be afraid, if I am doing what God has asked me to do.
3. Evil men are not out of God's control.
4. God will keep me safe.
5. I can trust God to bring about His plan from my life.

Hope Wirta

Read 1 Samuel 23:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Samuel+23&version=NLV

Comments

Popular Posts