2 Samuel 19: The Bible Blog

I could get lost in my own closet. I can't count the times I have driven somewhere new, trying as I drive to watch landmarks. Without fail when I get back in the car and head home, doing my  best to remember how I got there I find myself  8 miles in the wrong direction, looking for a map and wondering how long it will take me to find my way home. The struggle is real!
Having a GPS has significantly improved my life and my travel time. It's like having a friend with very please voice and a map in the next seat. She is lookin up locations, telling me where to turn, and letting me now I have arrived. She keeps me on track.

My GPS friend isn't without faults; she has on occasion sent me on a wild ride to no-where, but more often then not she gets me there and back again in record time.
King David was having a similar struggle. He was lost in a world of  pain.  The son who had caused him so much trouble in life had died in battle. David was completely undone. He couldn't seem to find his way back to being the King his people needed him to be. Then someone close to him opened his eyes, showed him the big picture and guided him back to the place he needed to be.
Sometimes we all need a friend sitting next to us with the map, helping us see the bigger picture.

Hope Wirta

Comments

Popular Posts