2 Samuel 14: My Daily Bible Blog

2 Samuel 14: My Daily Bible Blog

What Happened:

Joab knows that King David wants to be reunited with his son Absalom, after Absalom has left Jerusalem. He had run away after having his brother Amnon  killed in revenge for raping their half sister Tamar. Absalom has been away for 3 years.
Joab (David's military leader) cooks up a plan to help King David see the error in his thinking.
He has a woman go to King David with a story that he has made up. The story is about her only son who has killed his brother. She wants mercy for the guilty son.
After some talking David figures out that this was all Joab's idea. He see's reason and has Joab bring his son Absalom back to Jerusalem.
Absalom is still a bit of a manipulative brat, but he and David reconcile for the time being.

My Prayer:

Father search out the motives of my heart. Show me when I am manipulating or using people for my own purposes.
Show me the way you want me to go and give me the strength to do what is right in your eyes.

Hope Wirta

Read 2 Samuel 14

Comments

Popular Posts