2 Samuel 9: My Daily Bible Blog

2 Samuel 9: My Daily Bible Blog


What Happened:


King David wanting to honor his friendship with Saul's son Jonathan (1 Samuel 20:42)  by seeking out any living relatives of the deceased King Saul. A servant tells him of Saul grandson, Mephibosheth. He is Jonathan's only living heir; he is also lame in both feet.
David finds Mephibosheth has him brought to the palace. He grants the family of Mephibosheth all of Saul's lands (which would have been substantial), and honors Mephibosheth by having him eat at the Kings table as part of his family. Mephibosheth is humbled and honored.
David shows great kindness and honor in recognition of his friendship with Saul's son Jonathan.

My Prayer:

Father, 

Let me show the kind of integrity that David showed in his friendship to Jonathan. Help me to honor my friends and their children as part of my family. Help me to remember to pray for them by name even when we have gone our separate ways.

Amen

Read:

Hope Wirta

Comments

Popular Posts